08 January 2009

Update on college life.

first thing's first:

I ORIGINALLY WANTED TO BLOG A FEW DAYS AGO BUT I COULDN'T BECAUSE THE IDIOTIC BLARDY WI-FI CONNECTION AT MY AREA KEEPS DYING!!!


grr.



okay back to my updates. : )





it's been my second day of classes and it's proven to be a stressful job. things are really different here in college as the assignments (particularly the essays) require you to really, REALLY THINK.

you could imagine my face when my English for College Studies lecturer wanted us to write something on wars and economic crises. my mind was already screaming "GAH WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN READ THE NEWS!!!!1111"

sometimes i think that college essays are a big pain in my fingers: LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WRITINGGGGGGGGG. and the THINKING oooooh the THINKING! it's even worse than English Lit!!!!



but i guess this is what we have to cope with when i'm doing my higher education eh? and a little bit of global news never hurt nobody. : )





i found out there's around 20-ish students in my foundation course.

dixie
yosua (from indonesia)
rebekah
althea
sue mae
janelle
amber
jer ren
caryn
jasmine

sheena
yvonne
nisha (from maldives)
phillip
omar (from pakistan)
joey
faye
zunardi -not sure about the spelling though-
mark
sim
lin (from myanmar)
ju-en
syaza
anna




[ bolded ones are the ones i *currently* hang out with. ]

yeah i guess that's about it. i'm not sure if i have everybody and this is all i can remember but it's quite an accomplishment eh? i doubt that even my lecturers can do a better job than this.

okay kidding. ; )





so far i only have three subjects this semester:

Introduction to Human Communication - Ms T
English for College Studies 1 - Dr. V
Introduction to Information Technology - Mr. E


but my schedule is JAM-PACKED like mad. classes start everyday from 8am and i have to get up at 6am earliest if i want to get ready everything by 7.30am to meet up with Dix for classes.



and in two weeks time, i'd be sitting my big bulgy butt in the exam hall for my mid-terms.


MID-TERMS. only TWO WEEKS after school first started.

how insanely rushed is that??

you tell me lah!





and i think almost all the students in my course has a blog. it's highly unlikely that mass comm students don't have a blog. i mean, everyone describes the mass comm students as those who never shut up! now, i personally am not the type of person who talks a lot, and yet i have a blog. so try imagining how a bunch of talkative and outgoing people not owning a blog.


highly unlikely, right?



but i'm glad to say that maybe that isn't such a bad thing after all. finally i can find more people who're like me - blog crazy. : )






sometimes i still worry about not fitting in though. i do have a tiny group of new friends here but whether we'd stay that way or not, i'd never know.





a huge bunch of thanks though, to those who left comments on my homesick blog post. i really appreciate the kindness and comfort. although i'm not anywhere near to healing my homesick soul, the comments make me smile and think of all the other friends who are away too.





till then, i STILL miss home and everyone else i love who're back there.


i miss you, people. _glomps_

4 spilled milk:

Renee said...

You know..I dun really know where to start. Okay..let's start with the english ftw exam..I'm in group 3 while olivia in group 1. My standard so low keh? =____= Ppl in my group ho..icy-cold..and only two days here already have conflict with people. My course hor..need to wear formal all the time,except in kitchen and restaurant.We wear chef uniform and waitress vest. Huh,no more casual wear. Group 3..I'm exemption from english classes but I dunno why don't just put me in group 2.Group 1 timetable is so loose. It's not fair. They have same subjects with us!People in my course mostly treat you invisible. They feel like don't want to talk to you,they don't. No matter how you wave your hands in front of them or smile so sweet to them. -.- Gee..save me out of this!

CharT said...

How long's your Mass Comm course?

Do stop by my blog. There's something you'd like to read. Hehehehee.

above.the.sky said...

Things are looking up. : )

tarotism said...

Well, it sounds like you have been mingled around. Keep doing it.

Loves